X server compression settings?

I'm connecting to a remote machine and want to use X server.
However the connection is a bit slow and I'm wondering if
there are any compression settings that i could enable
on the machines to improve performance. I know that
for TS or vnc there are settings to change number of colors
displayed, resolution, bitmap caching etc. In my case
the remote machine is Centos(xclient) and the local machine(xming
xserver) is windows XP.

thanks for any suggestions.

  • Re: X11Forwarding problems.
    ... ]server (SSH, DHCP, Samba, Firewall, etc). ... from where I want to open an X11 connection to the server. ... I hope that is in the sshd_config file on the remote machine. ... a)Make sure you are connecting tot he remote system from an X running on ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Route question
    ... > route and go to 192.168.0.1 get natd and exit outside; ... They are discarded by the remote machine you are ... connecting to as their source IP address doesn't match any active ... ssh to .10, and then from there ssh to .3. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Looping Presentations
    ... Are you able to start applications on the remote machine? ... Quit/Kill PowerPoint application running on remote machine. ... > Since we are connecting it via remote desktop and transfer the file (AFTER ... We all can update the powerpoint presentations, ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Configuring GNOME to automatically start screensaver after user logged in - Fedora Core 6
    ... wasn't able to try connecting via F10 at the login screen. ... did connect to the linux server using XDMCP successfully from a client ... The cursor is not moving on the remote machine but it is the same desktop. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Impersonated thread fails to execute ADsGetObject()
    ... We have a .Net windows service which invokes impersonated threads to connect ... After connecting to remote machine the impersonated ...