Re: How to add another distro?

sk8r-365 wrote:

118GB is plenty for a standard install! Even half is.

Linux Minimum System Requirements

* Personal computer with an Intel Pentium III 500 MHz or higher
processor
* 256 MB physical RAM
* 800 MB available disk space
* 800x600 display resolution

Linux Recommended System Requirements

* 512 MB physical RAM
* 2.5 GB available disk space
* 1024x768 display resolution

Recommended Processors

* x86
* Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or higher
* AMD64
* Intel 64

That eliminates one concern, at least. I made that inquiry because
during my very early trials with Linux, RH5, I failed to provide enough
space for /. The install failed until I pulled my head from my
posterior :0

Yeah, it's plenty. When I get to the expert partitioner page and unmark sda3 to be formatted, I see no way to tell it to install on sda1 and leave sda3 alone. Clicking the 'next' button gives a message about installing on an unformatted partition. I haven't been able to install yet, since I don't want to take the chance of wiping out Ubuntu. Since I just want to play with some other distros and see how they work.

Al
.