Re: colored boot

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:17:43 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

Regardless of your opinion, Dan C. is correct about the escape codes and
did help OP. OP was not specific enough describing what he viewed on
screen. Therefore, Dan C's advise is good on two levels: 1) the answer is
correct
2) it allows OP to find exactly what he's seeking and *learn* something.

It's the old saying, "Give me a fish and I eat today; teach me to fish and
I eat for a lifetime" in action.

I could tell by his comments and wording that the original poster didn't
know enough to discern any useful data by looking at the startup scripts
even if he knew what they were and where to find them. This was a useless
suggestion in this instance.

"Free clue: "escape codes" , more useless information for this novice.

No, not useless. Anyone with even half a clue could put that into Google,
and find the information he needed. Just because you are incapable of
logical, reasoned thinking, do not assume that nobody else can do it.

Dan's reply was the usual antagonistic/egotistic mantra, nothing more.

There was nothing "antagonistic/egotistic" about it. It was simply the
correct answer to the question asked.

Go see if you can learn something about Linux, instead of wasting your
time in here where you can't contribute anything useful, n00b.

--
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he poured grease onto the interstate.

  • Re: Terra Amata poo poo
    ... Absence of evidence then ... We know common chimps eat a small amount of monkey meat and ... which of course are savanna or open woodland type ... Don't forget that the C3C4 research did not include fish, ...
    (sci.anthropology.paleo)
  • Re: Freedoms Watch ? Whos freedom are they watching ?
    ... for me to inform them that I don't eat seafood. ... thing that seafood is good for is to feed bigger sea creatures. ... perch of even cod that some of the fish places use. ... Mama also made salmon cakes out of canned salmon which I ate as a kid ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Judge and jury in the coal powerplant case
    ... That's a bit of a strange and selective attitude to animals and food isn't ... Even God in the Bible tells his believers that they can all eat the meat ... order to choose something more suitable to eat like a prepacked luxury fish ... All this global change is garbage when there are many ...
    (uk.local.kent)
  • RE: Auto Increment by 1 Letter
    ... "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they ... Public Function Encode(strCode As String) As String ... next sequence of letters. ...
  • Re: Judge and jury in the coal powerplant case
    ... So, by your reckoning then, its wrong to eat meat, unless you're starving, ... My argument is not about Africans being able to eat fish out of necessity, ... All this global change is garbage when there are many ...
    (uk.local.kent)