LiveCD boot problem

I am coming to you guys in an act of desperation. I haven't used my
computer for a while but it has some important work files on it that I
need badly. So I heard about this "ophcrack" password crack and tried
it out. The problem is when I put it into the disk tray and restart my
computer, it won't boot up. I've tried changing the boot order, but
it'll detect the CD's operating system, and ends up failing to boot it
up, and will endlessly restart my computer until I change back the boot
order.

I realize this isn't much of a descriptive problem, but I'm not all
that good with computers, and ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

--
Needs Help

  • Re: LiveCD boot problem
    ... Needs Help wrote: ... computer, it won't boot up. ... If you are talking about the ophcrack livecd - it is designed to crack ... windows passwords, not linux. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: XP Home and XP Pro on two separate drives
    ... , while the CD and DVD drives are on the other ... slave and boot from my old XP configuration (with the old drive as ... :> In the case of SATA HDs, the default HD boot order is just ... :> During installation of WinXP, ...
  • Re: Boot.ini question
    ... Irrelevant to the whole point of the rdisk() parameter. ... out there as well, do have such drives; ... which allow to boot easily from any drive recognized by the BIOS ... drives below the entry at the top of the hard drive boot order ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Booting to D
    ... Since it's possible to have the lone partition on a HD not ... When I cloned SATA 0 to SATA 1 and switched cables - no boot past Windows ... called "D:" is in control of booting. ... BIOS's HD boot order to determine which HD gets ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Booting to D
    ... I think there is something wrong with the HD at SATA 1 - I want to ... so if the BIOS's HD boot order hasn't been ... the SATA drive containing the partition ... BIOS's HD boot order to determine which HD gets ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)