Re: Unable to change/set time in Fedora 9

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:51:37 +0200, Artnut typed this message:

Hi all,

A strange occurence happens with my pc. I have a dual boot XP and Fedora
9.
It runs some five hours ahead of whatever current location I set. In
Fedora, am UNABLE to set time through the graphical utility. Even if I
do a su root, I still cannot change the time. The only way it can be
done is by logging out as a user and then logging in as a root and then
ONLY through the terminal with a date -s command. The changes made this
way are accepted only to be lost when XP is booted and then XP runs some
five hours ahead. If I change the time in XP and come back to Fedora,
the changes/settings are lost. May I know why this happens.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Arty

You should be able to change the time with the GUI. Maybe your SELINUX
is preventing you or the GUI applet is broken.

I use a root crontab job to set the time every 12hrs but if needed I can
use the time GUI. If there's no error messages in /var/log about the
time you can try uninstalling/reinstalling the time GUI. NTP is working
since you can set the time from the commandline.
.