My DSL connection runs slow sometimes...

So...
What can I run from my-side of it (type-in at the terminal)
to test it and maybe even learn a thing or two about it? :)

Recently it was "down" and Qwest said it was my "firewall".
Yeah right, a couple days later it started working again. ;)

Since then, it is sometimes slower than a YouTube video.
It acts as if I'm sharing it?
I'd like to know/understand it instead of guessing at it. ;)

Got any "good;)" suggestions for where and what to read? :)

Alvin in AZ
ps- my Assembly Language/Linux geek of a son can and will
"fix" it for me but I never learn anything that way :/

  • Re: OT:American Pickers Sucks!!
    ... Yeah, I caught a piece of it last night where they got some old lady to let them into her SON'S garage - and the son wasn't even there! ... saddle dealer told him his $75 saddle might be worth 4-5 grand if sold ... And $150 for the vintage kiddie car ride was an insult. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Exploiting the Dead
    ... >>> Her son did get killed, ... >>in this war, anymore than I could in the Viet Nam war. ... > Those who hate Bush are happy to have another spin so they use her. ... > Yeah, right. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: New machine or update?
    ... > video or even lower cost AMD systems for myself. ... > that was higher than the cost for an entire system for my son from Dell ... Yeah, it is like trying to buy the parts to build a car (only not quite ... If you can get a bundled system at a sale price, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Mildly OT - And Why I Still Admit Theyre Mine
    ... younger son surprised me and offerred to help. ... would be great in my Luv - that's the one they're supposed to be getting ... Oh yeah, the wood connection. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Exploiting the Dead
    ... >>in this war, anymore than I could in the Viet Nam war. ... for the privilege of sending her son off to die. ... >Those who hate Bush are happy to have another spin so they use her. ... >Yeah, right. ...
    (soc.retirement)