Re: what new mobo to get

Eric wrote:

I have a brand spanking new Q9450, now i need a motherboard and ram for it.
I'm in kind of a dilemma though, I'd like RAID and 2 ps/2 ports (onboard
video would be a plus), but i mostly want the DDR2 ram speed to match with
the Q9450's FSB of 1333 (if possible) or 1066 if not. It looks to me that if
i want the 1333 FSB to pair up nicely with RAM i'll have to go with a DDR3
board. I'm not a gamer but i do run seti using an optimized 64 bit linux
version supporting SSE3. There just doesnt seem to be an intel board that
fits, so I'm starting to look at other brands. Intels mb selector at
http://mbsg.intel.com/mbsg is either broken or incomplete, it cant even find
the board i now have (and it doesnt work on firefox). My OS will be 64 bit
mandriva 2008.0(or maybe 2008.1, but 2008.0 is working quite well for me on
another machine)
Anyone got any recommendations? how's biostar boards?
Thanks
Eric

thanks all!
Eric

  • Re: Display rates -
    ... original monitor. ... board video also. ... On the Intel board all I see in Xorg.0.log for Loadmodule is ... Gigabyte board and the monitor should run at higher rates than ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: IBM HS21 cant run UBUNTU 7.10 and UBUNTU 8.0
    ... What is happening is SUSE can write a working video driver for your ... You want to use Ubuntu so you need to work with the video ... John P. Combalicer ... HS21 on S Chassis but to no avail it doesnt work. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: what new mobo to get
    ... I'm in kind of a dilemma though, I'd like RAID and 2 ps/2 ports ... (onboard video would be a plus), but i mostly want the DDR2 ram speed to ... seem to be an intel board that fits, so I'm starting to look at other ... doesnt work on firefox). ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: IBM HS21 cant run UBUNTU 7.10 and UBUNTU 8.0
    ... HS21 on S Chassis but to no avail it doesnt work. ... The installation completed and it requires me to restart but after ... restarting it doesnt boot up and only showed blank screen. ... Sounds like your new computer has the wonderful nVidia video card. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Media player 10 problem with videos
    ... a friend suggested i download a codec mega ... pack which i have done but it still doesnt work.. ... >> videos it only plays the sound and not the video? ... >> video i have downloaded or on other websites, when it doesnt work it just ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)