Re: Strictly OT--Music, BeeGees

Artnut wrote:

Hi all,

My SINCEREST APOLOGIES for this strictly OT post here. Posting to what I
felt was a relevant group elicited no response.

After a longtime happened to listen to Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees from
Saturday Night Fever.

Can someone here please explain what's the New york Times effect the
lyrics refer to?

**Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
Im a womans man: no time to talk.
Music loud and women warm, Ive been kicked around
Since I was born.
And now its all right. its ok.
And you may look the other way.
We can try to understand
The New York times effect on man.**
==========

Well, if the song is about the NY city then the lyrics should be plain
like "New york effect" on man. How does "Times" figure in if it ain't a
reference to the NYT? As the NYT is dubbed a very liberal paper could it
be that the lyrics allude to the sense of liberalism, freedom on man? My
guess! But what essentially is the New york times effect?

Regards,
Arty

They had to fit the meter and needed another syllable.
Obviously the drugs were not enhancing the writing.

--
Mike McGinn
Registered Linux User 377849