Homepage fails to load

Hi all,

At the outset let me clarify that I am unable to figure out if this issue
indeed pertains to Firefox alone, or Firefox on Fedora 9 or its just an
exclusive Fedora issue.

Right now I had to boot into XP to post this message. I am using the latest
Firefox in Fedora 9 and lately, maybe more than a week or so there is
consitent degraded performance. The homepage of ISP fails to load or takes
hell lot of time like 2-3-5minutes. Even pages saved locally on the disk in
..html format just don't load or take a long time. Sometimes, there is a
message (not pop-up) saying its some "Javascript Probe" I do not remember
carrying out any major changes in Fedora except the updates which were long
due and only very important packages were updated after giving much thought
by doing "yum info packagename".
But if updates were to cause any such issue then even before the update I
had faced this Firefox issue but then it wasn't so frequent. Lately, I just
do not have guarantee if I will get my ISP homepage and the internet.
Ping command to ISP gives NO packet loss. Else it shouldn;t be working in
XP now.
May I know why does this happen?

TIA,

Arty

  • Re: twin display f12
    ... can't set Okular as helper pdf app in Firefox ... Why are 0 karma updates still being released? ... I have very recently migrated to Fedora from Windows. ... package stable to Fedora N-1 that is identical to a package in Fedora N if ...
    (Fedora)
  • New Kernel will not boot
    ... I have the same package versions and firefox runs ... I don't have virtualbox installed, ... I generally prefer not pushing in "major" updates but I ... Fedora 12/Firefox 3.5.8 setup wouldn't play nice, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11
    ... then enough in other packages to save your own asses and you tell us ... If a software is not included at all in Fedora, ... modification and upstream is preserved as it is. ... firefox because i know a setting got in there a while ago to "fix" ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to Update Firefox with Fedora 12 and use Firefoxs "Check for Updates"?
    ... I am very angry that I am unable to update Firefox manually using Firefox ... because the "Check for Updates" menu option from Firefox is dimmed out. ... Updates" as I please and *NOT WHAT SOMEBODY AT RED HAT OR FEDORA WANTS ME TO ... the packaging system to connect the update to other packages. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: firefox version confusion
    ... I also did a "yum install firefox" and several yum ... updates of firefox. ... If you read both the F7 and FC6 update for FF mail in the fedora updates mailing list archives, you'll notice that the same vulnerabilities are fixed in both. ...
    (Fedora)