Re: wine

tuxpenguin wrote:

i use wine to run outlook express.
but is there any way to get windows divres to run in wine?

Why the hell do you want to run Outbug Excuse from linux, when there are a
quadzillion native and far better mail programs for linux?
Which windows drivers?
Wine does not emulate windows hardware, so you basically don't need drivers.
Instead, wine catches the api calls and reroutes them to the linux drivers,
but that is limited to network stack, basic sound and graphics.

  • Re: Linux, the final decision
    ... >> how Windows deals with an analogous situation. ... > That drivers have access to the gui is not a hard and fast rule. ... >> Unreal engines can run under Linux. ... no one has to install Windows because the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: FC4 does not work, "out of the box" for me; GUI/X11 fails
    ... demonstrate how much better your video works under Linux. ... > Nevermind that this clause is completely preposterous, and that NVidia ... > terms of the EULA prohibit copying and distributing the drivers. ... Compare the video on the Mac and Windows even on hardware ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: What Was Your Experience When You First Started Using Linux?
    ... <snip snip snip> ... > For slick, easy, multi-media Windows is the clear winner. ... For web surfing Linux is safer, ... > write drivers and Linux users expect everything for free. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards
    ... the fact that I don't use Windows, ... always pick my hardware in function of compatibility with GNU/Linux. ... offers drivers for GNU/Linux - e.g. ... directly by the upstream vanilla Linux kernel from Linus & friends. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: The Worlds Most Expensive 2 Button Mouse and Linux.
    ... Is it a failure of Linux when manufacturers deliver Windows drivers only ... At this time the market is focused on Windows only. ... Windows drivers handle that all. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)