- From: 1PW <barcrnahgjuvfgyr@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:07:09 -0700
On 09/15/2008 10:40 AM, Andrew crawford sent:
gateway isn't what I want it is the traffic shaping ability which dummynet
does, you do not need to be so rude, i was under the presumption freebsd was
linux based but i see i was wrong but the question should be the ability to
support the same sort of hardware as linux kernel 2.6.*
"J.O. Aho" <user@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Andrew crawford wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows what i need to install so i have theSo what has this to do with FreeBSD???
1. 2.6.* Kernel drivers
For Linux kernel 2.6 you will need glibc, core utils, ...
for a full list check www.linuxfromscratch.org
2. DummynetThe right selection in your kernel and ip-tools like ifconfig
3. CronjobSome more libraries and a cron daemon like vixie-cron.
4. SSH accessopenssh and some dependencies
5. Ability to change ssh portAn editor of some sort, simplest would be ed.
6. Text editor like pico.Some other libraries as ncurses...
7. It acts as a gateway to my DHCP server but does not issue the ipsYou need iptables and the right kernel options.
The reason i ask is i am setting up a box that will traffic shape myWhy not just take a look at www.distrowatch.com for a gateway
connection so my isp wont but i am not wanting to setup everything more
than i need it.
J.O. Aho hasn't come close to being rude to you! Rather you were given
the benefits of a lifetime of great experience. The connection to
FreeBSD, in your post, is not altogether apparent.
Best regards to you.
- Prev by Date: Re: FreeBSD
- Next by Date: Re: FreeBSD
- Previous by thread: Re: FreeBSD
- Next by thread: Re: FreeBSD