Re: Spontaneous unclean reboots

Curt wrote:

On 2008-09-23, Baron <baron.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Those bad caps can be replaced with a little patience and dexterity !

I have neither of those. Nor do I have a soldering iron.

My hands shake terribly too, unless I'm drunk, and I don't get drunk
anymore.

I probably repair a couple every month. Having said that I am
assuming that you may want to have a go yourself rather than pay
someone else to do it for you.

I wouldn't pay anybody to replace capacitors on an eight year old
motherboard.

A reasonable alternative is to buy a cheap Dell box. You should be
able to get one for about 200 euro without a screen, keyboard and
mouse.

I'm thinking I just might buy myself a new main board with all the
trimmings.

Good for you ! Let us know what components you decide on.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

  • Re: Spontaneous unclean reboots
    ... Those bad caps can be replaced with a little patience and dexterity! ... Nor do I have a soldering iron. ... My hands shake terribly too, unless I'm drunk, and I don't get drunk ... I wouldn't pay anybody to replace capacitors on an eight year old ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: I must have missed this class...
    ... drunk in the street is free from the force/fraud *of others*. ... He is also free to enslave *himself*. ... the world into your image with the wealth of other people - i.e. ... I get to pay for school systems whether I believe in public schools ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Because it snowed last night
    ... drunk, or burglarize your home. ... You can damage as much of the environment as you ... The purpose of taxation should be to raise revenue, it should have no other purpose, and there should be a cap on the amount of tax that any person should be required to pay. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Random breath tests - even Plod have stopped pretending they dont happen!
    ... shoplifting can be done while drunk without the drunk bit being an ... offence, as can refusing to pay for a meal (which I believe is a civil ... There has to be some provable intent not to pay for it to become criminal. ... I left my wallet my wallet at home should do it; ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Spatter horror recommendations?
    ... Sorry, I am drunk! ... The public was amazed to view the quickness and dexterity of the juggler. ...
    (uk.media.animation.anime)