Re: Recovering data from duff CDROM ?
- From: bb <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:10:04 +0100
On 2009-11-02 17:05, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
bb a écrit :There is a tool named ddrescue that can continue to read even if you get
block errors, and if you save it to a file, and once you have the file,
try to play it with mplayer to see if there is any hope at all to get the
mp3 files back.
Will mplayer be happy to be fed with a filesystem image ?
If not, you can try to recover files from the filesystem image with
photorec, which is part of the testdisk package.
Mplayer is amazing, it can mostly play an iso or image of a complete DVD and
with some magic figure out how to play it.
What I mean is that _IF_ mplayer find the data and start to play it, it's also
possible to save the songs as files.
But in any case, a file image of the CD is needed for a recovery, since it can
fail and it's good to keep the original copy for a new try.
- Prev by Date: Re: Recovering data from duff CDROM ?
- Next by Date: Re: Recovering data from duff CDROM ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Recovering data from duff CDROM ?
- Next by thread: Re: Recovering data from duff CDROM ?