Re: Did you switch from Windows to Linux? How did you find the process?

RodMcKay wrote:

I've been fed up with Windows ever since I switched from a Win98SE box
to WinXP a couple of years ago. But I haven't made the switch for
various reasons, one of them being the sheer numbers of Windows
programs I use. I'm ready to see how to do the switch anyway and see
how Wine works. But that seems to defeat the purpose.

So thought I'd ask for any comments from anyone who has already made
the switch. I mean, anything has practically got to be better than
Windows, but just curious as to what the major adjustments might have
been for other Windows users. thx.

I made the change when vista came out.
At first I dual booted windows & linux, after knowing linux a little
better, I erased windows from my hard drive in order to have more space
for films.

On my site, I described the process, and wrote down some settings as a
memory aid.

https://sites.google.com/site/marcshomesite/Home

--
MarcB

  • Re: Switch from mixed to native mode : risks ?
    ... Before making the switch have backups of all DCs ... # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services ... I want to switch my domain to native mode. ... I want to know if there is any risk for: ...
  • Re: Switch from mixed to native mode : risks ?
    ... Before making the switch have backups of all DCs ... # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Windows Server - Directory Services ... I want to switch my domain to native mode. ... I want to know if there is any risk for: ...
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... Whereas over here I can switch between several ... editing sessions for more than one *type* of thing going concurrently ... very existence of Windows demonstrates, ... Alt-tab doesn't take you to the next file - it takes you to the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Google Base
    ... >> Since when does this happen with mail programs on Windows? ... Yup, another nice thing from biology: the faster a virus spreads, the ... a customer had given me his *official* ... The switch is not going to happen, ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: XP SP-2 System Boot Fails using /3GB switch in Boot.ini
    ... Even in a 64bit system which accurately reports 4gb installed RAM, ... As far as I am aware, Windows XP can't use more than 2gb for any one single ... so forcing by using the /3gb switch will not work for just one ... I resolved the issue by installing Windows to a new drive and ...