Who knows routers?

I got rid of my old Belkin router because it was slowing down my downloads. Now my new Wireless N router is doing the same thing. Throttles everything down to 150 to 200kbps. If I go directly into the cable modem it's fine, 700-900kpbs. Why do routers keep slowing my downloads down??

  • Re: Network/Broadband problem
    ... Microsoft protect their site from pining - the whole world wants to ping ... laptop though, Yahoo for instance. ... File downloads no longer work, ... router config hadn't been touched for months. ...
  • Re: Have the router prioritise network traffic?
    ... > Is it possible to have a router give priority to one client over ... I usually do the big downloads (like linux distro images ... > workstation priority when its being used and then balance it back out ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Who knows routers?
    ... Now my new Wireless N router is doing the same thing. ... For a cable modem, ... downloads down?? ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Azureus Firewalled
    ... Now it picked port ... downloads fine, ... you *IF* you have a router or firewall to check your settings. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Router gives limited connections and slower downloads on Kazaa-lite!
    ... I'm trying to figure out why using a router makes ... Kazaa-lite have less successful download-connections and slows even the ... Of 20 selected vids normally 5-10 downloads ... Kazaa-Lite seems to open many random ports for every selected ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)