Re: Puppy Linux 4.3.1

In <Xns9CC5E7178381Egreederxprtnet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Gordon <gonzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> mentions:
Van Chocstraw <boobooililililil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:qvidnasQP9GIQZzWnZ2dnUVZ_gz_fwAA@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

This is new a really great program to install and run. Try it. it's only
a 100mb iso.

How is Puppy compared to other Linux distros?

Not really a distro and I wish people would quit calling it that (I admit,
I don't know quite what to call it)

Puppy linux is a pretty neat way to run "something-to-the-effect-of" linux
off of a CDROM.

Very handy tool in case you screw up your machine and need to go online
to fetch something.

It's certainly NOT a linux you'd want to actually "install".

Jamie
Perl * Java * UNIX User Management Solutions

  • Re: Mint Linux Q
    ... How do I burn the KDE version ".iso" image. ... Haven't you got any "High Capacity" CDs? ... (Linux Distros, or windoze or whatever) ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Puppy Linux 4.3.1
    ... Gordon mentions: ... a 100mb iso. ... How is Puppy compared to other Linux distros? ... It's certainly NOT a linux you'd want to actually "install". ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Puppy Linux 4.3.1
    ... Gordon wrote: ... a 100mb iso. ... How is Puppy compared to other Linux distros? ... Quite good BUT getting some things going can be a chore ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Puppy Linux 4.3.1
    ... a 100mb iso. ... How is Puppy compared to other Linux distros? ... Not really a distro and I wish people would quit calling it that (I admit, ... It's certainly NOT a linux you'd want to actually "install". ...
    (alt.os.linux)