Re: Nvidia help pls ...

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:33:28 -0500, TJ wrote:

Similar sites exist for other distributions. However, I can't emphasize
strongly enough that you need to settle on one distro and stick with
that until you understand what's going on. Trying to use more than one
at the same time will only confuse you to the point where you never get
straightened out again.

TJ

Totally agree. I had my beginning Linux as Red Hat version 4 where I got
a lot of help when I volunteered to edit some of their articles. Then
went to Slackware 7 where I really enjoyed the help and my first
compiling of a kernel. My expertise is limited about Linux, but it sure
beats windows junk. Yep, read newsgroups about Linux and take TJ's advice
and read up and jot a few notes down 'cause you'll never remember all the
tips you'll need to get it right the first time or the second.

You see me posting from Mandriva 1010 64 which is a new experience with
64 bit OS. 'Tis fun!
--
Bud
.