Re: Nvidia help pls ...

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 16:33:28 -0500, TJ wrote:

Similar sites exist for other distributions. However, I can't emphasize
strongly enough that you need to settle on one distro and stick with
that until you understand what's going on. Trying to use more than one
at the same time will only confuse you to the point where you never get
straightened out again.

TJ

Totally agree. I had my beginning Linux as Red Hat version 4 where I got
a lot of help when I volunteered to edit some of their articles. Then
went to Slackware 7 where I really enjoyed the help and my first
compiling of a kernel. My expertise is limited about Linux, but it sure
beats windows junk. Yep, read newsgroups about Linux and take TJ's advice
and read up and jot a few notes down 'cause you'll never remember all the
tips you'll need to get it right the first time or the second.

You see me posting from Mandriva 1010 64 which is a new experience with
64 bit OS. 'Tis fun!
--
Bud

  • Re: [opensuse] General Poor quality of Opensuse
    ... Linux in general well before that since the days of the Early 0.9 kernels all ... own distro at one time. ... for those that do install it beware it will hog your CPU for excessive amounts ... maybe it is time for Opensuse to find a new home where German licensing rules ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: The Linux Advocacy Bible
    ... > the Linux community denies this and claims that the user is at fault. ... desktop distro if they are a desktop user, ... > So you are an idiot? ... most Brother printers work, Epson printers are well supported, and HP ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Help configuring a consumer Linux workstation
    ... > Porous monopolistic operating system and am going to change over my ... > between the Mac OS or a Linux distro. ... > the core requirements except for the streaming service; ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Beagle frontend
    ... I am still using this distro, but I have become increasingly reluctant ... considering Linux to go with Suse. ... I too find myself not really pushing SuSE like I once used ... major distinctions from Windows if you recommend that route. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Can HLA and X get along?
    ... distro using /bin, another using /usr/bin, another using ... Windows: "Documents and Settings" ... I can't understand why on earth the Linux users ... Herbert's Assembler is quite good. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)