Re: Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 02:41:41 +0200, JBJ \(4920\) wrote:

A small tip to those with older graphic card from either ATI or nVidia,
try Mandriva One 2009. Where Unbutu 9.10 up to 10.04 would not work with
3D on my nVidia Vanta or ATI radeon 9100, Mandriva works just fine:) And
Compiz Fusion works like a dream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandriva_One#Mandriva_Linux_One

http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/
iso/

Newer version, I have not tried it, is available from here

http://www2.mandriva.com/downloads/one/

Strange. I have an Nvidia card in a computer I bought about 7 or eight
years ago (P4 2.4ghz) - I've never had a moment's problem with it in
Ubuntu - which I've been running on it for about four years now.

  • Re: Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards
    ... Where Unbutu 9.10 up to 10.04 would not work with 3D on ... my nVidia Vanta or ATI radeon 9100, Mandriva works just fine And Compiz ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards
    ... Where Unbutu 9.10 up to 10.04 would not work with ... 3D on my nVidia Vanta or ATI radeon 9100, Mandriva works just fine:) And ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards
    ... A small tip to those with older graphic card from either ATI or nVidia, ... my nVidia Vanta or ATI radeon 9100, Mandriva works just fine:) And Compiz Fusion works like a dream. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux and older ATI or nVidia cards
    ... with 3D on my nVidia Vanta or ATI radeon 9100, Mandriva works just ... I have an Nvidia card in a computer I bought about 7 or eight ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Segmentation fault using glDisable...
    ... I'm using Mandriva on a Acer notebbok. ... I have ATI RADEON X300. ... ninstalled the drivers, but nothing changed. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)