Re: Slackware 2.3 was: Re: Linux on 486?

<snip>

Glad you got Slackware working...
It's a more complete distribution

Yeah, but as I said it was just for the fun of it, to see if it would
work:) Its not really usefull on a 250MB HDD since you have to leave out
alot of the software available on the CD. If someone want to try this
again I suggest a 1GB HDD. And get a Type II pcmcia card with LAN or WLAN.

But it worked and that is the reason for trying:)

Yes

I like fooling around with old computers just to see what I can do with them.

I have a 386 with a 40 meg drive.
It's got win95 on it. Note: A 40 meg drive is too small to use to install Win95. I actually installed it on a larger drive, then pared down the installation and copied it to the 40 meg drive.
No particular reason other than just seeing what I could do.

  • Type Tool - Problem with Action
    ... I copied it off the HDD and into my new install of PS CS2 on the new machine, and it all works fine - except for a problem with the Type Tool part of the action. ... For some reason, the text which is automatically added to an image, appears as though the kern/tracking is all mucked up, and each letter appears on top of the last in the word. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • [SLE] poweredge does not boot from cd
    ... machine's BIOS for whatever reason does not see the cdrom-drive at hdd, ... I want to boot from the cd, because I want to install 9.2 on this thing. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: A little FM3 review
    ... Press Y from My Xbox and select Install Disk. ... For some reason I pressed Y and got the first 3 options, then install to HDD appeared about 20 seconds later. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: New build - halt on ACPI Controller
    ... on the hdd from a previous install attempt. ... landed up using the rear panel mains isolator switch to switch it off as ... The use of partition analysis and repair tools unearthed a further two ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Xp install problem
    ... Anna wrote: ... I am attempting to install xp after fitting a new HDD following a "failure" of the old one. ... When I reach the point during the install where the "install devices" starts, I get the stop code 0x000000BE. ... If so, it would be worthwhile to remove the graphics card, ensure your onboard graphics capability is enabled and see if the install will succeed. ...