Re: Clouds and thin clients at home.
- From: Ivan Marsh <ivanmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:44:10 -0500
Richard Kettlewell wrote:
Ivan Marsh <ivanmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Can it be done?
Buy a big heavy duty machine.
Install Linux as the base OS.
Use Virtual Box to create various instances of Win or linux.
communicate with them via thin or "zero" clients.
Basicly one machine with multiple heads.
Can this be done?
Will it work well?
That is the very model under which *nix was designed in the first place.
What, multiple VMs on single hardware? Not really, no.
No, thin client, client server.
Please stop misusing the term conservative.
- Prev by Date: Re: Mint vs. Ubuntu
- Next by Date: Re: Mint vs. Ubuntu
- Previous by thread: Re: Clouds and thin clients at home.
- Next by thread: Re: Free: Game Drift Linux (Ubuntu for gamers)