Re: ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on busybox

J G Miller wrote:
On Tuesday, May 29th, 2012, at 10:13:25h -0700, Ron Eggler wrote:

Do I need to enable something sepperate for the root account?

On the destination system, in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, do you have

PermitRootLogin yes

There may be some other security settings which also need
adjusting, but that is the most obvious one to check first.

Also, have you checked with non root accounts to see
if those work using passphrases rather than password?

You may need to set

UsePAM no

in the same file as well.

This is all assuming he's using SSHd.

If he's got busybox, he is probably using dropbear or a similar
micro-ssh daemon.

It may not even support the key authentication you want to use.

  • Re: ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on busybox
    ... There may be some other security settings which also need ... adjusting, but that is the most obvious one to check first. ... have you checked with non root accounts to see ... if those work using passphrases rather than password? ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Was the Urey-Miller experiment redone?
    ... Someone told Miller did the experiment again, adjusting for new ... information about the ancient earth environment, ... Is this story true? ...
    (talk.origins)
  • ActiveX wont download
    ... I am sending this for a friend. ... or Macromedia flash....and it tells her that it can not be ... done because her security settings are too high. ... she go about adjusting her settings? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)