[Fwd: YES Linux 2.1 Build 1 available now!]

From: Frederick Noronha (fred_at_bytesforall.org)
Date: 02/03/05

    Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:46:02 CST

    From: "YES Linux Release Team" <release@yeslinux.org>
    Date: 2005/02/03 Thu AM 11:27:12 GMT+05:30
    To: news@yeslinux.org
    Subject: YES Linux 2.1 Build 1 available now!

    YES Corporation would like to announce the immediate availability of YES
    Linux 2.1 Build 1. We are very excited about this release because for the
    first time we feature Virtual Host support. User have the option of using
    either a one step Web Based or a one step commandline interface. Using
    either interface the Virtual Hosting System allows for the creation,
    enabling, or disabling of Virtual Hosts in a completely modular
    configuration. This means that no two Virtual Hosts share a configuration
    information, making maintance of each Virtual Host easiler and have a
    lower cost. We have fixed a configuration bug that affected
    authentication using WebDav. Now WebDav authenticates properly for both
    the primary website and all virtual hosts. We have created more
    documentation for YES Linux available from
    http://www.yeslinux.org/docs.php. We have upgraded SquirrelMail to the
    latest edition, standardize on website naming convention, and Cleaned up
    the extra directories associated with Apache.

    In adition to the above changes the YES Linux Configuration system now
    supports a dynamic message bus, allowing for dynamic events to be fired.
    This means that administrators and thirdparty developers no longer have to
    edit build files, they now have a choice. They can use the existing
    method or they can create an Event (Directory) and place an unlimited
    number of build files in that directory. Then once the driver task is
    executed all the build files for that Event are dynamically loaded and
    executed sequentially (Determined by the Number prefixing the build file
    name with lower values having precedence).

    We expect to have one final release of YES Linux 2.1 that will include web
    statistics for each virtual host created. After that we will begin work
    on YES Linux 2.2.

    YES Linux can be downloaded from

        * http://www.yeslinux.org/iso/
        * BitTorrent Network http://www.tlm-project.org/torrents/yeslinux
        * Our mirrors http://www.yeslinux.org/iso/mirrors.php

    A list of installed applications are available at
    http://www.yeslinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=997#1050.

    The major changes YES Linux 2.1.1:
    --------------------------
    addition:
    yes-configuration - added message bus task. This task is the base for the
    dynamic message bus
    yes-configuration - added tags for Virtual Hosting

    -------------------------
    updates:
    squirrelmail to latest version
    yes-configuration build file to use default ant tasks
    yes-configuration - updated configuration to use default ant symlink task
    yes-configuration - updated AntAdapter to use new ProjectHelper discovery
    pattern
    yes-intro - updated to add virtual hosting initial setup
    yes-rebrand - removed custom link class to use default ant symlink task
    yes-website - added virtual hosting admin
    yes-security - added support for virtual hosting admin
    yes-boot - rebranded for YES Linux
    yes-administration - added webadmin, fixed webdav authentication
    made website directories consistent /site/docs and /site/cgi-bin

    -------------------------
    removals:
    yes-configuration - removed custom XSL ant task because ant already has one

    Sincerely,
    YES Corporation

    Frederick Noronha 784 Near Convent, Sonarbhat SALIGAO GOA India
    Freelance Journalist TEL: +91-832-2409490 MOBILE: 9822122436
    http://fn.swiki.net http://www.livejournal.com/users/goalinks
    fred at bytesforall.org http://www.bytesforall.org

    # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com #
    # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION. #
    # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/ #