ANN: new issue of Linux-Ecology-HOWTO

From: Werner Heuser (wehe_at_tuxmobil.org)
Date: 07/26/05

    Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:46:09 CST

    Hi,

    a new issue of the Linux-Ecology-HOWTO is available. The HOWTO discusses ways
    Linux computers can be used as a means to protect our environment, by using
    its features to save power or paper. Since it does not require big hardware,
    Linux may be used with old computers to make their life cycle longer. Games
    may be used in environmental education and software is available to simulate
    ecological processes.

    Werner

    Downloads:

    http://computerecology.org

    Changes:

    0.12, 27 July 2005
    Added a chapter about "Installing Linux on Older Hardware",
    bumped to DocBook 4.2,
    URL updates and minor changes.

    --
    |=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
    |=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86
    |*| This is no time for phony rhetoric -- Lou Reed
    # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com #
    # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.  #
    # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/              #

    • new issue of the Linux-Ecology-HOWTO
      ... a new issue of the Ecology-HOWTO is available. ... Linux computers can be used as a means to protect our environment, ...
      (comp.os.linux.announce)
    • Re: Which JVM to use under Windows?
      ... I do not have time to get into specifics at the moment. ... Why on earth would you be coding Java using an obsolete ... Microsoft's environment from the day one, ... Linux, and what I found is that they are clunky. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: Can MS Vista / 7 read Linux files?
      ... virtual environment, this way you can use Linux and have the security ... ACID Pro software for music creation, it just does not run in Linux ... VMware with microsoft installed has the same register as you would have if you installed it on a stand alone computer, the thing you may have trouble with is directx and older versions of VMWare, but that should have been fixed with special made graphics drivers for VMWare. ... Using VMWare, Xen or any other virtual environment will require more RAM as you are running two operating systems at the same time and at some times it can go slowly thanks to the swapping of microsoft. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: UNIX SYS ADM HOUSTON
      ... ·Work in a varied environment that includes, but is not limited to, ... platform running Linux, HP-UX, Solaris and IRIX ... ·Demonstrated ability to automate various systems administrative ... THIS IS A TECHNICAL DISCUSSION GROUP, NOT A JOBS GROUP. ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: New linux programmer
      ... It's a completely new environment for me - I'm ... it seems to require some serious understanding of linux ... KDevelop is a terrible way to learn Linux programming. ... Once you get a good handle on makefiles, ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.apps)