Compiling iODBC from sources

From: Scott Crumpler (scrumpler_at_teamanarchy.com)
Date: 07/15/03

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:17:05 GMT

        Has anyone else compiled the latest version of the iODBC Driver Manager software? Mine successfully compiles and I'm able to use the libs OK in my app, but the DSN configuration tool apparently is missing some library that seems as if it should have been built when I built the source. Here's what I get:

scrumpler@orion:~$ iodbcadm-gtk
iodbcadm-gtk: error while loading shared libraries: libiodbcadm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
scrumpler@orion:~$

Any ideas?

Thanks
Scott

Relevant Pages

  • [SLE] Problems after update
    ... "Update all package versions on your suse linux 10.0 machine" found on the Novell site. ... xauth: error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: cannot install Maple95 on FC5
    ... Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive... ... dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ...
    (Fedora)
  • Memory leak in DBD::Oracle 1.14 ... ?
    ... could not decode oracle version from ... t/cursor.....oracle: error while loading shared libraries: libodm9.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ... Unable to connect to Oracle as scott/tiger (ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)) ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • CodeGear : Kylix patch ...
    ... sorry for posting here but the kylix groups are quite as dead as kylix itself :-( ... expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: ispLever 6.1 complains about missing libc.so.6 on Gentoo 2006.1
    ... Although the ispgui csh script sets the path where libuuid.so is located... ... sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)