Help - Linux and Windows Dual-boot system

From: L (l_x2828_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:11:54 -0600

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.

I install Windows 2000 first, then Linux on the same PC. So I can boot to
either Linux or Windows without any problem. Later on, I install another
Windows platform (Windows XP) on the same PC, then I can not see Linux any
more during boot therefore can not use Linux. I can re-install Linux one
more time to fix this problem, but I think there may be some trick I can use
so I can see Linux again during boot. Does anyone know this?

Thanks,

T.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New to linux..looking for program I can boot and run off CD
    ... >>and he was using a windows os but booted and run Linux programs off a CD. ... >having to do a dual boot thing on my current machine. ... > That would be Knoppix or one of it's derivatives. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Problems with dual boot system
    ... > I then i tried rebooting and it just booted linux, ... > so i figured it was probably just an erorr with the boot ... is your windows system still there? ... bootable disk assuming that your main bootable disk is your IDE primary ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Looking for dual booting advice
    ... I'm going to dual boot WinXP and Linux from a single HD. ... should be installed BEFORE or AFTER Windows. ... It is not really a big deal if you install Linux first then MS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: GRUB problem (double windows + linux)
    ... For years I've been able to boot my windows and ... but suddenly neither of both windows ... versions respond, Linux does start normally. ... Are the two Windows drives Master on SEPARATE IDE controllers, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Multiple questions...
    ... >in Windows Xp Home Edition. ... >boot into Linux and DOS. ... >installing 3 OS's on a single partition, or is there a simpler way... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)