How to build Toolchains for ARM Big Endian?

From: Ren Hantao (renht_at_lucent.com)
Date: 11/26/03

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:22:05 +0800

I've succesfully build toolchains for ARM, the defalut is little endian.

binutils:
#configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/opt/armtools/
#make all install

#export PATH=/opt/armtools/bin: $PATH

gcc-newlib:
#configure --target=arm-elf --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-threads --w
ith-newlib --enable-languanges=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/armtools/
#make all install

I know I can use '-mbig-endian' to build the cource code for big endian
target. But when do linking, it reported errors that the libraries are all
little endian.

Does anybody know how to build Toolchains for ARM Big Endian?

Thanks

Hans

Relevant Pages