Why is my app faster when it runs the second tyme ???

From: juri (ichweissalles_at_t-online.de)
Date: 12/18/03

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:25:57 +0100

   Hi all,

i´m sure everybody of you noticed the following effect:
When i run my app. , shut it down, run it again it is much faster. In my
case, (i scan my harddisk and build a database) the first time it takes
2 minutes, then 1:30 , finally 1:15.

Could someone explain me this behaviour and maybe tell me how to take
advantage of it ?

thx a lot, Jurriaan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Extremely slow debugging performance in VS2003 with interop
    ... in the debugger now executes CreateInstance in 12 secs instead of 45. ... However, the second time I run the app, I'm back ... to 45 seconds every first time I run the app in the debugger. ... Here is the 12 second output: ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)
  • Re: Extremely slow debugging performance in VS2003 with interop
    ... > rename the file to symsrv.dll.hide, start VS and the initial run of the app ... > in the debugger now executes CreateInstance in 12 secs instead of 45. ... > to 45 seconds every first time I run the app in the debugger. ... > Here is the 12 second output: ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)
  • Re: SqlceException.SqlceException
    ... First of all, i found the cause of the exception and corrected it, it was ... > same challenge in terms of deploying the initial SQL CE database. ... > db along with your app. ... it is the first time i am doing mobile applications and the first ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • Re: How Big is Too Big?
    ... How big is too big when it comes to a VB App? ... This was not just the first time it was run but every single ... processing will render redundant all the clever algorithms that have ... computer algorithm as quickly as any reasonably intelligent person can ...
  • RE: Application error in event log
    ... image is compiled by the .NET the first time that you load the assembly, ... This means that the image compilation failed. ... can not alter at runtime the config file (upon there are functions like ... At some point I got one of our network admins to run the app ...