Creating a file that self-destroys at each reboot

From: Luca T. (lucat_at_despammed.com)
Date: 04/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:18:10 +0200

Hello,
i have a problem. I need to create a file similar to /etc/mtab, but that
it self-destroys at each boot of the machine.
My first thought was to put it in /proc, unfortunately only kernel
modules can make files in /proc and i don't want to make a kernel module
just for this.
I also don't want to mess with init boot scripts and/or startup services
if possible.
The second thought i had is to create a ramdisk to keep the file... but
to create a whole new mount-point in the tree just for a single file
seems to me a bit exaggerated.
So i was thinking... is it possible to create a ram-file and link it,
for instance, in /etc? (of course this without having to mess with the
kernel, with modules and with boot-scripts).

Thanx,
   Luca