Re: IDE for C: KDevelop vs Emacs vs Other

From: Måns Rullgård (mru_at_kth.se)
Date: 04/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:32:03 +0200

"WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> writes:

> "Sergei Organov" <osv@topconrd.ru> wrote in message
>> "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> writes:
>> > The point being that most software users who have not used emacs and
>> > not used 'gui app text editor' will find the GUI app MUCH more
>> > intuitive than emacs (the whole point of all of these threads even
>> > though you can't seem to remember that for 5 minutes.)
>
> Sergei, this is in regard to Mr. "Keyboard only". Now, there are serious
> issues with XEmacs and Emacs GUI. It is functional, but nearly any GUI
> designer would write it off as 'crap' for numerous reasons

Incidentally, I think the GUIs designed be these "experts" are crap.
GNOME2 is a good example.

> Appearance, layout and design,

Those are a matter of personal taste.

> clarity,

Explain.

> lack of continuity with other GUIs, et cetera.

Emacs is one of the oldest programs still in use, so accusing it of
not copying other programs isn't fair.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IDE for C: KDevelop vs Emacs vs Other
    ... >> issues with XEmacs and Emacs GUI. ... It is functional, but nearly any GUI ... >> designer would write it off as 'crap' for numerous reasons ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: zinc performance
    ... >>> Is zinc stable for real time system like vxWorks? ... So I am mostly using code to design my GUI rather ... > I have had the same problem of designer crashing on windows 2000. ... These are different approaches to device configuration. ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: Beginning GUI
    ... I have not yet encountered a programmer that I admire that heavily uses the ... VS designer gui without really understanding what goes on in the background. ... I've done several C# console applications now, ...
  • Re: Visual C 2005 Removing Event Handlers When Designer Reloading
    ... OnLoad the gui creates a function for me at the end ... > control to the handler. ... but designer support for C++/CLI will quite possibly go ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
  • Re: python QT or python-GTK
    ... drag&drop GUI BUILDER. ... Toolkits are libraries defining an API (in the ... multi-thousand lines of config file in xt; the config file was nearly as ... You can design your GUI's in the designer, ...
    (comp.lang.python)