bringing up program after logout

From: R (ruthless_at_@@poczta.onet.pl)
Date: 05/28/04

Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:44:08 +0200

Hello.

I've got a problem with my simple app.
I ignore the HUP signal and everything is OK. After logout my process
is still runing.

But there's sth else I'd like to ask. For example my program waits for input
data(let it be keybord...)
I stop my program and bring it to the background.
When I logout - the process is being detached from the console.
And after logging in I cannot bring it back to foreground and enter some
data. My process became a daemon when I
logged off.

I'd like my program to be brought up after logging in, no matter I'm logged
on tty1, tty5 or even pts/12
(only user xxx or root can do that...)

Can I do that in C/C++?

Or is it immposilbe and i should do sth like:
server <-> server's_monitor
and server_monitor will send commands to my server?

thanks in advance
best regards R

Relevant Pages

  • Re: One way roaming profile
    ... the server doesn't send the profile saved and on logout it ... The better would be that it synchronize the profile on the client ... profile every logout. ... Login, create a new file, logout. ...
  • Re: FAQ Topic - How do I log-out a user when they leave my site? (2009-09-15)
    ... so the log-out function will ... Links or buttons that go elsewhere can have a logout method call ... an inactive user needs to be recognised by a server activity ... timeout, which clears the session. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Forcing a logoff
    ... Well, once I got to my machine locally, logging in just results in a black ... After a hard reset, XP says that my video driver is to blame, but I ... > around to watch, but some processes were locked, preventing logout from ... > local session but did not logout my remote session, ...
  • Re: Forcing a logoff
    ... I'm inclined to agree with XP--is there another driver you can try? ... > Well, once I got to my machine locally, logging in just results in a black ... >> around to watch, but some processes were locked, preventing logout from ... >> local session but did not logout my remote session, ...
  • Re: Expect Tool problem
    ... > server and getting a file from it and logging out from server. ... > ftp commands, ... > that file but after that failing to logout. ... > sleep in between command sendings of expect script. ...
    (RedHat)