Re: bringing up program after logout

From: Måns Rullgård (mru_at_kth.se)
Date: 05/28/04

Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:07:02 +0200

"R" <ruthless@@@poczta.onet.pl> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I've got a problem with my simple app.
> I ignore the HUP signal and everything is OK. After logout my process
> is still runing.
>
> But there's sth else I'd like to ask. For example my program waits for input
> data(let it be keybord...)
> I stop my program and bring it to the background.
> When I logout - the process is being detached from the console.
> And after logging in I cannot bring it back to foreground and enter some
> data. My process became a daemon when I
> logged off.

Install the "screen" program.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se

Relevant Pages

  • holding a system message till a webpage loads
    ... I am currently writing an app for a company so that users can log in or log ... loading the logout page from for the app. ... Logoutfor session change or query end session does not wait to complete ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.csharp.general)
  • Re: swing app, how to make logout after time out
    ... what's the idea to enable a swing app logout user as ... changed by clicking on the sub-menu icon, then the session time refresh ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: holding a system message till a webpage loads
    ... You could abort the logout like you are now and then start a new one after ... The app resides in the system tray ... >loading the logout page from for the app. ... > Logoutfor session change or query end session does not wait to complete ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.csharp.general)
  • Re: Force logout of app after time period
    ... from a stored proc representing a time interval before system forces a ... logout. ... So if keyboard is not accessed for that period of time, app runs a ...
  • Checking for logout when closing a form?
    ... I've written an app that minimises to the system tray when the 'close' ... button is clicked (I'm setting the Cancel flag in my formname_Closing event ... handler). ... This works fine until you try to logout of Windows - the logout ...