Re: No Symbol table in own function

Jens.Toerring_at_physik.fu-berlin.de
Date: 08/19/04

Date: 19 Aug 2004 13:18:47 GMT

Graeme Hinchliffe <email@nospam-linkovitch.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:53:02 +0100, Graeme Hinchliffe wrote:
>
>> What is baffling me is that when I attach gdb to the process before it
>> segfaults, continue the execution (I have put a sleep(30) in the code so I
>> can grab it before the fault as it is a child process) it segfaults as it
>> has been doing. Now when I run bt full I get the breakdown of whats gone
>> wrong, however one of the functions I have written AND compiled with the
>> symbol table in there is listed but with "No Symbol table", so I cannot
>> see the vars or their settings!!

> ARGH! I am back at this situation again (I am convinced it is something to
> do with mysql :) ).

> I am compiling all my code into objects with gcc -g -c so there should be
> debug info availible, however gdb is reporting the following:

Are you really sure you recompiled all the files (if you e.g. just changed
the Makefile not everything will get recompiled automatically...)?

                                      Regards, Jens

--
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___  Jens.Toerring@physik.fu-berlin.de
   \__________________________  http://www.toerring.de

Relevant Pages

  • Re: No Symbol table in own function
    ... >> can grab it before the fault as it is a child process) it segfaults as it ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: No Symbol table in own function
    ... > can grab it before the fault as it is a child process) it segfaults as it ... Compile your code with debugging support, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • x86_64 Kernel faults pollute task structs
    ... When a kernel GP fault comes in, and the process has a pending SEGV, ... UML on x86_64 sees process segfaults when the host is loaded. ... force_sig_info(signr, info, tsk); ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Beta testing
    ... Real Player's greatest fault is that they try to grab lots of control over your working and attempt to stream stuff at you that you do not want. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Why would a (very old aout) binary only run as root?
    ... JohnF wrote: ... segfaults as anybody.users-- suggests to me that there's ... You could write an "interposer", that would allow you to make the binary ... from being Clinton's fault to being Obama's fault. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)