Can you select() socketpair()-generated descriptors?

From: Jo (JoJoTwilligo_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/29/04

Date: 29 Sep 2004 12:33:59 -0700

I'm pulling my hair out over trying to get a socket passed from one
process to another. My latest problem is in getting the receiving
process to detect the incoming socket. I'm using select() as I do with
all the socket descriptors and pipe descriptors, but it just times
out, as though the socket was never sent. If I create a set of
descriptors using socketpair(AF_UNIX, SOL_SOCKET, 0, desAncils), does
select() treat those descriptors the same as those created with
pipe(), accept() or connect()?