Re: Which is the best editor for linux c++??

From: Alvin Beach (reply_to_at_the_newsgroup.please)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:08:57 GMT wrote:

> Hye,
> I am migrating myself from MS vc++ to linux c++ programming.. So,
> which editor (gui builder) according to you would be the best for me..
> I want the editor should be having functionality like MS VC++ 6.0 but
> don't expect more than that...

I would say the closest would be KDevelop as the IDE and using it's
integrated QT GUI toolkit.

More than likely if your Linux distro already has KDevelop as an install
option. Check it out by doing some of the tutorials. Here is a good, quick
tutorial using KDevelop and QT:

If you code carefully, a single app written in QT will also compile and run
in Windows (and Mac too I think) by simply just recompiling the program :).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GUI IDE for Ruby
    ... Use kdevelop with this, designer ... > the second most complete toolkit with just an okay IDE would be ...
  • Linux IDE Questions
    ... I'm a Linux newbie with a fair bit of Win32 programming experience ... and am looking for an IDE to port a large project to Linux -- and also ... KDevelop seems to be very bonded ... as dependancies for files that will later go into the C++ compiler. ...
  • Re: Dokumentation zu IDE?s (QT;KDevelop;C++)
    ... Aus welchem Grund braucht man eine IDE? ... KDevelop hat in der aktuellen ... Deutsche Doku läuft Gefahr falsch übersetzt zu sein. ... Next by Date: ...
  • Re: SPICE3 Model debugging
    ... I need a better ide and have been exploring ... kdevelop on the side. ... Chaos Master wrote: ...
  • Re: SPICE3 Model debugging
    ... >I am using vi on linux. ... >I need a better ide and have been exploring ... >kdevelop on the side. ... IDE ever created. ...