Re: Which is the best editor for linux c++??

From: Alvin Beach (reply_to_at_the_newsgroup.please)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:08:57 GMT

jigarmehta@gatescorp.com wrote:

> Hye,
> I am migrating myself from MS vc++ to linux c++ programming.. So,
> which editor (gui builder) according to you would be the best for me..
> I want the editor should be having functionality like MS VC++ 6.0 but
> don't expect more than that...

I would say the closest would be KDevelop as the IDE and using it's
integrated QT GUI toolkit. http://www.kdevelop.org

More than likely if your Linux distro already has KDevelop as an install
option. Check it out by doing some of the tutorials. Here is a good, quick
tutorial using KDevelop and QT:

http://women.kde.org/articles/tutorials/kdevelop3/

If you code carefully, a single app written in QT will also compile and run
in Windows (and Mac too I think) by simply just recompiling the program :).

Enjoy,

Alvin