Re: Which is the best editor for linux c++??

From: Alvin Beach (reply_to_at_the_newsgroup.please)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:08:57 GMT

jigarmehta@gatescorp.com wrote:

> Hye,
> I am migrating myself from MS vc++ to linux c++ programming.. So,
> which editor (gui builder) according to you would be the best for me..
> I want the editor should be having functionality like MS VC++ 6.0 but
> don't expect more than that...

I would say the closest would be KDevelop as the IDE and using it's
integrated QT GUI toolkit. http://www.kdevelop.org

More than likely if your Linux distro already has KDevelop as an install
option. Check it out by doing some of the tutorials. Here is a good, quick
tutorial using KDevelop and QT:

http://women.kde.org/articles/tutorials/kdevelop3/

If you code carefully, a single app written in QT will also compile and run
in Windows (and Mac too I think) by simply just recompiling the program :).

Enjoy,

Alvin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GUI IDE for Ruby
    ... Use kdevelop with this, designer ... > the second most complete toolkit with just an okay IDE would be ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Linux IDE Questions
    ... I'm a Linux newbie with a fair bit of Win32 programming experience ... and am looking for an IDE to port a large project to Linux -- and also ... KDevelop seems to be very bonded ... as dependancies for files that will later go into the C++ compiler. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Dokumentation zu IDE?s (QT;KDevelop;C++)
    ... Aus welchem Grund braucht man eine IDE? ... KDevelop hat in der aktuellen ... Deutsche Doku läuft Gefahr falsch übersetzt zu sein. ... Next by Date: ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.programming)
  • Re: IDE for C++: KDevelop vs Emacs vs Other
    ... > programming and I just took a look at the KDevelop IDE. ... > yet but it looks like a useful tool. ... KDevelop, and even Anjuta, something of an overkill. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: SPICE3 Model debugging
    ... I need a better ide and have been exploring ... kdevelop on the side. ... Chaos Master wrote: ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)