/etc path: Can I hard code?

From: Tosca Berisha (tberisha_at_uucp.gov)
Date: 02/16/05

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:02:53 -0500

Is the "etc" directory of every linux distribution under root "/"? Or is
there some information stored somwhere that leads me to the "etc" directory.

I just wanna know if I can hardcode that path in my C++ program.

Thanks
TB

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xhost +localhost
    ... then what good is a root password? ... Bluescreen leads to downtime. ... Downtime leads to suffering. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Hurry - Root cause of all problems
    ... things done is one of the root causes of the problems in the world ... Everyone wants to become rich but in a hurry. ... This leads to bribery, ... slow enough so you are in control of the process and taking time to ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Hurry - Root cause of all problems
    ... things done is one of the root causes of the problems in the world ... Everyone wants to become rich but in a hurry. ... This leads to bribery, ... since then the study has itself made very little further progress. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Sound, but no midi...
    ... ALSA docs, and cant find anything that leads me to solution. ... [root@rodolfoap root]# aconnect -i ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problem setting up lm-sensors
    ... P.T. Breuer wrote: ... >>The kernel source tree is owned by root in every linux distribution so you ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)