Re: Anyone know why the linux select() function is broken?

From: Alvin Beach (reply_to_at_the_newsgroup.please)
Date: 03/30/05

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:38:08 GMT

baumann.Pan@gmail.com wrote:

> I am in the trouble that when select func timeout once, it will timeout
> next time.
>
> 1, I sent a packet to a LAN server A(192.168.0.10:3233), select works
> ok.
> 2, I sent a packet to a virtual lan server B(no this ip in lan:2323),
> select timeout, it's correct in this case, but
> 3, I sent a packet to the LAN A, and etherpeek also captures the
> response packet, but select timeout failed.
>
> why? how can I resolve it? thanks any advice.

Just out of curiosity, try using TCP instead of UDP. See if you notice the
same problem.

Alvin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OHCI IssueBulkTransfer problem
    ... Toggle bit isn't specified in any state. ... to send packet when requested. ... //Pack sent before transfer timeout and received and returned ... So, after cancelling, you have to reset the pipe in order to ...
  • Re: OHCI IssueBulkTransfer problem
    ... I believe I describe how reset work before. ... Reset Pipe will calls ClearHaltedFlags to clear Halt and Toggle bit on ... The device wants to send a 'one' toggle bit on the lost packet. ... //Pack sent before transfer timeout and received and returned ...
  • Re: OHCI IssueBulkTransfer problem
    ... David Liao wrote: ... I believe I describe how reset work before. ... The device wants to send a 'one' toggle bit on the lost packet. ... //Pack sent before transfer timeout and received and returned ...
  • Re: OHCI IssueBulkTransfer problem
    ... I stated everything works with the UHCI stack. ... The device wants to send a 'one' toggle bit on the lost packet. ... //Pack sent before transfer timeout and received and returned ...
  • Re: OHCI IssueBulkTransfer problem
    ... to send packet when requested. ... David Liao wrote: ... USB OHCI or SetClrearFeature is send out but your function device ignor it. ... //Pack sent before transfer timeout and received and returned ...