Re: c++ documentation

From: Carlos Moreno (moreno_at_mochima_dot_com_at_xx.xxx)
Date: 05/12/05

    Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:31:01 -0400

    Gav wrote:

    > I have just started coding in c++ again on my Mandrake 10.1 box, last time I
    > did any c++ was over 10 years ago so I'm a little rusty at the moment. Can
    > anybody suggest a good web resource for me to use? I'm mainly after a syntax
    > documentation.

    C++ 10 years ago and C++ today are two different (*radically*
    different) programming languages... Almost as different as
    C and Java.

    So, my advice is that you pick up a book such as "Accelerated
    C++", which even though starts from the very beginning, it
    has emphasis on the "modern" C++ language.

    I can offer you to read a couple of tutorials that I wrote
    myself, to help my students given the lack of books that teach
    C++ the right way:

    http://www.mochima.com/tutorials/strings.html
    http://www.mochima.com/tutorials/vectors.html (arrays)

    A slightly more advanced one, for the STL:

    http://www.mochima.com/tutorials/STL.html

    HTH,

    Carlos