Re: glibc 2.2 vs 2.3 issue back again

> On the other hand, the strace output is really strange. First there is a
> clone(...) entry where the process is created with some PID (the return
> value). The next line referring to that particular process is SIGSEGV.
> As if the process did nothing (at least no syscalls) in the meantime.

Fedora Core 1 shipped with kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl;
all Fedora Core kernels are NPTL kernels.
Check the widespread mirror sites for Fedora Core, in
the directory core/<n>/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/ .

> All I know is that
> I took libc and libpthread over from Fedora 4, and I am running RedHat
> 7.3 but with a 2.4.26 kernel from kernel.org.

glibc+libpthread from Fedora 4 assumes >= kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4,
a kernel which supports a mature NPTL. The immediate SIGSEGV under
kernel-2.4.26 probably is because the kernel does not fully support
some aspect that glibc uses.

> Does Fedora 2 already use 2.6 kernels?

FC2 began with kernel-2.6.5-1.358.

  • Re: Memory Performance Issue with Fedora Core 2 Kernels
    ... James Wilkinson wrote: ... >>I have run into an issue with memory bandwidth using the Fedora Core ... >>2 kernels and I need help. ... >>killed performance of my custom driver when I ported it from RedHat 7.3 ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora Core 7 does not turn off my computer
    ... Fedora Core 4 and 5 would turn off my computer after the system halted. ... This problem seems to be related to later kernels, ... handling shutdown on some hardware. ... also have FC6 on this machine, and that shuts down completely as well. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Safe way to remove old kernels
    ... > Im still new to Fedora Core myself, ... one feature -- it can ... conveniently remove all kernels but the latest N in one ... issues in your currently installed packages, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Memory Performance Issue with Fedora Core 2 Kernels
    ... James Foris wrote: ... > I have run into an issue with memory bandwidth using the Fedora Core ... > 2 kernels and I need help. ...
    (Fedora)