Trolltech QT license question

Can anyone here that is familiar with licensing QT from Trolltech
give me a moment?

I've searched through past newsgroup posts and it would seem from all
the discussions that my group would need a commercial license of QT for
our project; due to the fact that we plan a wide distribution of our
proprietary software. However we are planning to distribute it to our
associates for 'free'. What I would like to know is the cost of
software to end users an issue in determining whether or not we need to
secure a license for QT?

Clues would be appreciated.

Thanks

  • Re: Building an assembler from scratch
    ... If you're talking about reverse engineering the binary code, then yes, you have everything you need to modify proprietary software. ... or 2) we'd have less Linux and more Windows or maybe another IBM ... So you're saying that something other than GCC would've been used, meaning a different foss C compiler. ... The license provides technical support. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Building an assembler from scratch
    ... I don't need license rights, ... commercial MS products, that allow plug-ins today. ... With proprietary software there are limits at every ... or 2) we'd have less Linux and more Windows or maybe another IBM ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: why ada is so unpopular ?
    ... > I don't know about the Gtk license itself or why GtkAda would have to ... > modify it slightly to enable the writing of proprietary software. ... the LGPL in Ada with proprietary distribution. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: OT: proprietary software
    ... FF and Thunderbird are both licensed under the MPL (Mozilla Public ... The MPL is still a Public License, just like the GPL is a public license. ... MPL software is no proprietary software. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Trolltech QT license question
    ... I've searched through past newsgroup posts and it would seem from all ... proprietary software. ... secure a license for QT? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)