Re: Trolltech QT license question

"stork" <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1140829617.451541.69710@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stork replied to:

The terms allow you use and distribute the library without limit, free
of charge. Why do you not want to agree with this

IF and only IF you either make your application GPL, or, pay the per
developer seat fee.

That is simply not true. Where does the GPL say that if you want to
distribute a library, you must distribute the source code to an application
that uses it?

Bluntly, you don't seem to have any idea what you're talking about. You
don't even understand any of the things that all sides *agree* on. You're
out on your own somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

DS

  • Re: Market for graphical roguelike?
    ... No, actually, we're talking about the GPL and what it allows and does ... the source code available as well, possibly for a nominal fee. ... You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Free-ness of suse(linux)!
    ... Merely that the source code is ... > The same can be said for binary versions of GPL applications and distro. ... releasing applications in binary or iso format DOES NOT ... whether it be free or for a nominal charge. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: New user - Third of 3 issues
    ... The GPL doesn't say that. ... Charging money for GPLed software is perfectly ... you just can't charge someone extra for the source code that you've ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Trolltech QT license question
    ... of charge. ... IF and only IF you either make your application GPL, or, pay the per ... developer seat fee. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • [OT] Making money with GPLed Software / Fairness
    ... I may charge my customers for e.g. installing/configuring the software ... RedHat for the customer. ... donate to the PHP Project since I'm using PHP? ... GPL is correct and what others think is fair when making money with the ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)