Re: Is stork a troll? (was Re: Trolltech QT license question)

"stork" <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Stork replied to:

Given that stork's B.S. arrived in sync
with a massive Microsoft push to FUD the issues of licenses (I'm
seeing it many places), I'm thinking this may be more of same. Time
to visit the kill file.

How can you say that I'm in bed with MS when I'm the one that is
arguing a pro-open source developer point of view of the GPL and
defending Trolltech's interpretation of it?

Because you are arguing for a significantly narrower view of first sale
and fair use rights. This likely benefits those who wish to develop
proprietary software and interfaces more than it benefits the *real* open
source community.

I don't see anyone else
running comparisons of KDevelop vs Visual Studio 2005 on their blogs
for C++ programming and I don't see anyone else running articles that
explain how to migrate from Windows to Linux for those familiar with
Visual Studio. So, go ahead and killfile me, but you are sticking up
for the wrong side.

What's the point if Linux isn't free as in freedom?

DS

  • Seriously
    ... I have programmed VB on windows for 10+ years and PHP, PERL for 10+ years on Linux. ... I use a text editor for all my Linux programming. ... All of course under the award winning Visual Studio IDE. ...
  • Re: Scouting Software Developers Wanted!
    ... MS Visual Studio it limits the number of developers who can partake in ... Not everybody has or can afford Visual Studio (Myself ... As far as converting the project to Linux goes we would need to first ... I would like to make the whole project open source, ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: VS.NET is too EXPENSIVE. Developers switching rapidly from it.
    ... >> too much in light of the huge competition from Linux. ... >> terms of justifiying the cost of using Visual Studio when there are ... > Microsoft provides the SDKs for free. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: VS.NET is too EXPENSIVE. Developers switching rapidly from it.
    ... >> too much in light of the huge competition from Linux. ... >> terms of justifiying the cost of using Visual Studio when there are ... > Microsoft provides the SDKs for free. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: Programming program
    ... Or those who makes LinuxDC++ is making that under Windows envirement? ... Personally, I use Kdevelop more than anything else, but that's because I do more KDE/Qt development than anything else too. ... IMHO - neither Eclipse or Kdevelop are a pinch on the modern IDE's from the commercial software vendors (such as Visual Studio from MS, ... But they are both worth serious consideration for any serious coding project on Linux. ...
    (Ubuntu)