Re: Associatin C program with kernel compilation

sam.luther@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,
I was assigned a task of developin a product to transfer files
over the serial port of a PC which I had done so using C programs. But
my TA thinks it is too simple so wants me to make the assignment look
complicated by bringing in the kernel compilation somehow. All he wants
is that my program should contain something...anything.. which calls
for the compilation of the kernel. Iam plannin either to create a
system call or develop a own simple protocol. Can i compile the kernel
with these programs??

Were you given a specific task, which you solved, and are now being
told the solution is too simple? If your TA told you that, he should
go straight back to CS101. Maybe next time he'll get a clue about
what makes a good assignment.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Associatin C program with kernel compilation
    ... over the serial port of a PC which I had done so using C programs. ... my TA thinks it is too simple so wants me to make the assignment look ... complicated by bringing in the kernel compilation somehow. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Associatin C program with kernel compilation
    ... | I was assigned a task of developin a product to transfer files ... | my TA thinks it is too simple so wants me to make the assignment look ... | complicated by bringing in the kernel compilation somehow. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: need help..
    ... an assignment is an expression ... stop compilation and force you to fix it. ... You are welcome to move to that language, ... Reminds me of the poster a decade back or so who posted macros that made C ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Way to optimize this?
    ... Integer fileCount = null; ... If "the programmer forgot to initialize this variable" the program would not compile when the variable was read. ... Furthermore, the superfluous assignment of 'null' hides a failure to assign the desired value, which would otherwise be a compiler error rather than a runtime exception. ... As a matter of good engineering, which trumps "style", it is better to catch mistakes at compilation than run time. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Associatin C program with kernel compilation
    ... over the serial port of a PC which I had done so using C programs. ... my TA thinks it is too simple so wants me to make the assignment look ... complicated by bringing in the kernel compilation somehow. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)