Re: Is stork a troll? (was Re: Trolltech QT license question)

Stork replied to:

No he hasn't.

Dave has repeatedly said that he is allowed to make and distribute a
closed source application with a GPL library, both. He argues that the
GPL does not have a legal standing to compel him to make his
application open source, and that, he has the right to redistribute the
library because the GPL gives him that right. So, he takes the benefit
of one part of the GPL, chucks the part that he doesn't like, and
essentially profits from open source software without living up to the
community. I don't think his legal claim to do so is as strong as he
thinks it is, and, more importantly, I think it is morally wrong to
exploit half a contract.

.