Re: IDE for Linux with good code completion

On a sunny day (21 Aug 2006 16:16:08 -0700) it happened
Happy.Cerberus@xxxxxxxxx wrote in
<1156202168.397307.163140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Currently I write most of the code in Vim, mainly because I can write
my code remotely using ssh, the problem is that I sometimes find myself
lost in the code, and for this I need good code completion.

I have tried Kdevelop and Anjuta (code completion didn't work in both
of them at all). Currently trying Eclipse which works fine, but fails
in advanced code completion (shows private members and doesn't
understand inteligent pointers [or anything more complex than direct
member]).

So, my question, is there any IDE (an editor would be enough), which
has good code completion?

How in the world wil you write a big program if you cannot even remember
the basic synstax of the language you are using?

Is that not a bit like writing a story without knowing the words of the
language?

And do not get me started on 'debuggers'.

  • Re: IDE for Linux with good code completion
    ... my code remotely using ssh, the problem is that I sometimes find myself ... lost in the code, and for this I need good code completion. ... I have tried Kdevelop and Anjuta (code completion didn't work in both ... the basic synstax of the language you are using? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Exam ?s
    ... There are different opinions about what it means to really know a language, ... especially with code completion, templates and the internet. ... > I have read that C# developers make more than VB ... exam first. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Code completion in ada IDEs
    ... You for the answers on the matter of Ada IDE, ... And by Code completion ... whlile defining records tagged records i also could ... that should allow users to point the needs of extensons for this language. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: IDE for Linux with good code completion
    ... I have tried Kdevelop and Anjuta (code completion didn't work in both ... in advanced code completion (shows private members and doesn't ... the basic synstax of the language you are using? ... made that the project needs more modularity. ...