Re: IDE for Linux with good code completion

Bill Pursell napsal:
Happy.Cerbe...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Jan Panteltje napsal:
On a sunny day (21 Aug 2006 16:16:08 -0700) it happened
Happy.Cerberus@xxxxxxxxx wrote in
<1156202168.397307.163140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Currently I write most of the code in Vim, mainly because I can write
my code remotely using ssh, the problem is that I sometimes find myself
lost in the code, and for this I need good code completion.

I have tried Kdevelop and Anjuta (code completion didn't work in both
of them at all). Currently trying Eclipse which works fine, but fails
in advanced code completion (shows private members and doesn't
understand inteligent pointers [or anything more complex than direct
member]).

So, my question, is there any IDE (an editor would be enough), which
has good code completion?

How in the world wil you write a big program if you cannot even remember
the basic synstax of the language you are using?

Is that not a bit like writing a story without knowing the words of the
language?

And do not get me started on 'debuggers'.

What are you talking about? :) Do you know some code completion which
helps you with the basic syntax of the language? I don't.

I need code completion, because I can't remember all those class
members. Is that class containing member GetModifiedBlocks, or
GetModBlocks or GetBlocks, etc... That's the basic problem, and when
working with bigger projects, it realy slows you down if you have to
search the documentation everytime you need to find a particular member.

If you're working on a project that is so large that you can't
remember details, then a reasonable argument could be
made that the project needs more modularity. Finding a tool
to help perpetuate a poor design is probably not a good idea.
That being said, vim 7.0 has much better completion than 6.x,
and may be adequate for your needs, if you haven't yet
upgraded.

Nope this, this doesn't work as I need, for me it simply shows all
global symbols, not the members of a particular class.

.