Alert process every minute real time?
- From: Charles Sullivan <cwsulliv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:00:18 GMT
A background process written in C language is expected to perform a
task each time the system clock rolls over to the next whole minute
of real time (+/- a second or two).
Is there any better way of alerting the process when this rollover
occurs other than a polling function which reads the system clock?
Other conditions: Self contained and not requiring user configuration
of system tools like cron. Portable to other Unix-like systems.
Thanks for your help and advice.
- Prev by Date: Re: split a /path/filename into components
- Next by Date: Re: Alert process every minute real time?
- Previous by thread: Re: 3d graphcis programming in Linux
- Next by thread: Re: Alert process every minute real time?