Re: Alert process every minute real time? - Thanks!

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 20:48:06 -0500, John Hasler wrote:

I wrote:
Ntp (or Chrony) will not jump the clock. It will slew it gradually.

Charles Sullivan writes:
How gradual is gradual? I assume it can only slew by whole seconds,
or is that incorrect?

It is incorrect.

I guess I need to do some more reading on the subject.

Going from 01:02:59 to 01:03:01 would skip the whole-minute tick if I
don't plan for that possibility.

You have to plan for that possibility and for the possibility of the clock
going backward as well. The admin might set the time manually, or a
hardware or software bug might screw it up.

Yep, most of those possibilities. But a software bug in MY code -
NEVER!!! :-)

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan

  • Re: Alert process every minute real time? - Thanks!
    ... Charles Sullivan writes: ... It is incorrect. ... You have to plan for that possibility and for the possibility of the clock ... Dancing Horse Hill ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Rebuild improperly constructed schedule?
    ... I misspoke when I said making changes ... resulted in "incorrect" dates - what I meant was basically what you ... > Having those dates there is why setting constraints is such a bad idea in ... > Save Interim Plan radio button. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Jobs offers $100 store credit to iPhone early adopters
    ... The cheapest rate plan on ... the Apple site is $59.99 / month... ... Assuming the *cheapest* plan the cost to the consumer has ... Incorrect. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: TLR
    ... She is incorrect. ... The plan has to have been in place this year, ... Plus different connectives and openers! ...
    (uk.education.staffroom)