intrusion detection software.

Hi,

I have a nice linux software called opmanager. It does nice graphs etc, on
my linux machine, for my whole network of about 8 pc;s tivo etc.

My linksys firewall router sends back snmp traps that are logged in txt
files.
Date time sender IP.port and receiver ip.port. tcp/udp.

Wal watcher a windows app does a nice job of IDR. but it is windows only.
I would like something like it for linux. any ideas.

  • Re: Linux Routing Issue
    ... > On the subnet are wired Windows PC's and one wired Linux box. ... > with that hub is a Tivo box with a USB wireless card. ... Network diagnostics are: ... > 3) On the Linux box, I can traceroute to the Windows PC's, and the ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: help a beginner please
    ... >operational under Linux. ... However a second part of the project is the WineLib. ... to facilitate what you're trying to do, compile a Windows app. ... but from what I understand you should be able to compile ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Linux Compatibility Issue
    ... many Windows app CDs come with multiple installers for the ... Windows and runs the correct installer - it's transparent to the user. ... The same thing could be done on Linux, ... packages, so backwards compatibility issues don't come up that often. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Linux Routing Issue
    ... >content to the Tivo box is reflective of the fact that the Linux ... I'm hoping some of you network experts out there ... If the packets are being sent, try to figure out how far they ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Can I run SYSTEM RESTORE from a Knoppix boot?
    ... I'd hardly expect it to work, given that SR is a Windows app that ... assumes deep OS congruency, and Linux off CD is neither the right OS, ... >From Bart, and together with the RunScanner plugin, a great deal is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)