what will cause the UNIX domain socket's refcnt very high when netstat?

Hi,

Randomly, my system will encounter a strange problem when viewing with
netstat. By issuing netstat -np, we find the server socket with a
reference counter 352. I don't know why will this happen?

I just did an experiment that let a number of client to connect to the
server, the server socket's counter will be 2(before connected), and
3(after connected). Even when the client exits abnomally(by kill), the
socket refcount will decrease to a normal number.

Anyone has ideas about this?

Thanks in advance!

ABAI

  • Re: Socket Connect using WM 2005
    ... I have seen client connectfailing with error 10061 when server socket is ... both server and client running on WM50. ... in the cradle or has a WLAN connection we use the computername e.g. ... FUNCTION int wcstombs ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.networking)
  • Re: Socket communication issues.
    ... long time for the reply on the inputstream before finally timing out. ... My server is not Java and I ... Somewhere during this communication the server socket closes for any ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: receiving data with winsock
    ... // Create a TCP/IP socket that is bound to the server. ... // Establish a connection to the server socket. ... // Send a string to the server. ... printf("Finished receiving data %s. ...
  • Re: How to implement a server socket compatible to telnet?
    ... For some reasons I had to implement a server socket in C++. ... Client: Socket_Type; ...
    (comp.lang.ada)