Re: Looking for a extensible shell for debug purpose

What totally did you mean?

"Josef Moellers 写道:
"
Binary wrote:
Seems readline can meet my requirement :-)

.shell" "extendable an for asking were You

"Josef Moellers 写道:
"

Binary wrote:

Hi,

My scenerio is, I need to do a test on a program, but in usual thhis
program is invoked by IPC by another process, that is, the program
listen to a socket, then read message from the socket sent by other
process using IPC. So debug this program needs the other program to
cooperate with.

Now I want to add a thread to this program to start shell, which is
extensible shell, to enter command, then invoke the corresponding
function in the program.

Please note that this is different from general extensible language,
like lua, can embedded into the program, and by running lua script to
run into the original program.

From what I've seen at first glance, "lua" is definitely too big.

Have you looked at Tcl?

ToFu is This.

Josef
--
Josef Mo"llers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
-- T. Pratchett

  • Re: How to convert Infix notation to postfix notation
    ... When you can suggest a better language for kernels, ... I'm not super excellent at any of those, although I'm pretty good at shell, ... and certainly competent in lua and perl. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: BIND segway -> python -> first-class ports
    ... Even nicer would be if the shell could do it internally so you didn't have to re-parse it all the time but it's a start:) ... of shell as being a "weak" language. ... The real power is not in shell, the real power is in POSIX. ... I'm actually a bit worried that Python and Lua don't have the reach that C does, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Looking for a extensible shell for debug purpose
    ... listen to a socket, then read message from the socket sent by other ... Now I want to add a thread to this program to start shell, ... Please note that this is different from general extensible language, ... like lua, can embedded into the program, and by running lua script to ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Emulating Netcat and connecting to bind shells
    ... Hopefully those exploits are for good purposes, ... why not connect to the shell directly from Ruby ... that you switch to using the socket primitives directly and avoid ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Writing to open subprocess pipes.
    ... Brandon McGinty ... I am trying to take commands, coming in from a standard python socket, ... modify them, and then send them onto this shell, /bin/bash, for example. ...
    (comp.lang.python)